Twin City Camera House started in December 1967 as Twin Street Camera Repairs. We did repairs for other businesses, as well as our own clients and as the business grew, we employed a technician to help with repairs.
In 1981 we moved to larger premises in Twin Street. The business grew and we employed another technician and started selling cameras, camera accessories and telescopes. We then expanded the business by taking the shop next door to become a stand-alone workshop. In 1994 we moved to our current location on Grenfell Street and expanded our retail.
We joined Camera House in 2000 and employed more sales staff to handle Pro Cameras and second-hand equipment. In 2005 we opened City Cross Camera House where we sell compact digital cameras and entry-level DSLRs. We also do printing, canvases, frames and albums.
We offer products from Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic, Olympus, Pentax, FujiFilm, Sanyo, Tamron, Sigma, Lowepro, Bushnell, Manfrotto, Matin, Joby and Optex.
We have been recognised with the following awards:
- Camera House Outstanding Member of the Year 2007
- Canon Award – Top Growth 96.9% Year 2004
- Ricoh National Dealer of the Year 2005
- Ricoh National Dealer of the Year 2006
- Ricoh National Dealer of the Year 2008 Runner Up.
- Photo Restoration
- Image Recovery
- Media Transfer eg tape to DVD
- Image Editing
- Camera Service/ Repairs
- Camera Hire
- Print from Slides
- Photographic Training
- Passport Photos
- Wedding Photography
- Burn to CD
- Sensor Cleaning
- Image Recovery
- In-house technician
- Buy and sell second hand and consignment items
- Photo gifts
- Buy and sell antique and collectable cameras
- Camera courses at exotic locations
- Educational field trips.